About 500 meters south of the castle, we find the "Sophienquelle" (Sophie's Spring). The spring is situated in the Stromer Forest at the end of an alley. The construction of the baroque, amphitheatre-like spring commenced around 1724. It was originally commissioned by Johann Paul III Paumgartner in honour of his young second wife, Sophie, née Nützel. The spring complex used to be part of a "Sentimental Park". The death of her husband in 1726 left Sophie as a young widow and heiress to the entire possessions of the Paumgartner family. It was she who completed the construction of the spring.